News & Updates
Pepsi Fan Festival Gets Game Day Started at RFK Stadium this Saturday
Doug E. Fresh, Slick Rick and Black Alley Band headline musical performances; Festival to also include Giveaways, Games and Activities and Food Trucks
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Events DC today announced the scheduled performances and activities for the Pepsi® Fan Festival, a free festival with music, games, food and exhibit booths held prior to the AT&T Nation’s Football Classic™ on the RFK Stadium Festival Grounds (Lot 5) from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Saturday, September 1.
The five-hour extravaganza includes performances on the AT&T Soundstage by hip hop artists Doug E. Fresh and Slick Rick, local go-go group Black Alley Band, Naj Murph & Sweet Release and Marcus Canty from the first season of X Factor. Highlights on the soundstage also include the Old School - New School DJ Finals with DJ Eddie F and Kenny Burns, V103 host and D.C. native who will emcee the DJ battle, and appearances by Russ Parr (The Russ Parr Morning Show) and Isaac Keys, actor, former NFL player and Morehouse College alumnus.
“There is a great musical lineup planned for this year’s Pepsi® Fan Festival,” said Erik A. Moses, managing director of Events DC’s Sports and Entertainment Division. “We thank all our partners for their contributions in making this pre-game festival the perfect opening act for game attendees and the community.”
Actors Laz Alonso (Avatar; Jumping The Broom) and Lamman Rucker (Tyler Perry’s Meet The Browns) will make appearances and sign autographs at the Events DC booth during the course of the festival.
Other Pepsi® Fan Festival activities include giveaways, food trucks and appearances by local radio stations. Both Morehouse and Howard have alumni gathering tents suitable for networking and fun close to the stadium.
This year’s football game, featuring Morehouse College versus Howard University, is Saturday, September 1 at 3:30 p.m. at RFK Stadium. Tickets are on sale now at the RFK Stadium Box Office (open daily 11 am-6 pm except Wed/Sat 9 am-4 pm), Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster outlets and the Howard University Box Office at Cramton Auditorium. Seats are priced $25 to $50.
RFK Stadium is easily accessible by Metrorail on the Blue and Orange lines (Stadium-Armory station) and numerous Metrobus lines. For additional information, please visit www.NationsFootballClassic.com.
AT&T Nation’s Football Classic sponsors are AT&T, Pepsi, Wells Fargo, United States Marine Corps, State Farm, Destination DC, BET, Marriott International, Driven Golf, Chrysler and Dow Lohnes Sports & Entertainment.
Pepsi® Fan Festival elements (11 a.m. – 3 p.m.):
• Performances in order of appearance: Naj Murph & Sweet Release, Black Alley Band, AT&T Old School - New School DJ Battle Finals with DJ Eddie F and Kenny Burns, V103, Marcus Canty and Slick Rick & Doug E. Fresh
AT&T Connection Zone
• Chance to check out the latest AT&T devices
• AT&T Orange Carpet
• Sampling Station
• Sampling Truck & Trailer
o Pepsi Tailgate Snack Pack
• Interactive Football Game
• Mobile DJ station
United States Marine Corps
• Chin Up Challenge
• Giveaways: lanyards, t-shirts, iPod arm holders
• Chance to win tickets to the State Farm Deck on the field through “Get to a Better State” campaign and a State Farm Prize Pack
• Giveaways: Drawstring bags, hand clappers, key chains, plastic coffee mugs and brochures
• Information on how to become a State Farm agent
• Four vehicle displays for the Dodge Dart
• Giveaways: rally towels
Don’t Sleep! Hosted by T.J. Holmes Bus Tour
• “Don’t Sleep!” Game Wheel
• Chance to preview “Don’t Sleep!”
• Win tickets to BET events
• Win a “Don’t Sleep!” Gift Courtesy of BET
Events DC Booth
• Special appearances by Laz Alonso (2:15 – 2:45 p.m.) and Lamman Rucker (12:45 – 1:45 p.m.)
• Giveaways: Morehouse and Howard thundersticks, Classic key chains, Rally towels
• Morehouse College Bookstore and school information
• Howard University Bookstore and school information
• Food trucks
ATTNFC Twitter: @nationsclassic
ATTNFC Facebook: www.Facebook.com/NationsFootballClassic
Howard University website: www.howard.edu
Morehouse College website: www.morehouse.edu
Teri Washington, Events DC: (202) 494-5737
Courtney Eiland, Events DC: (202) 608-1140
Lisa Milner / Bryant Mortimer, Swanson Communications: (202) 783-5500
About the AT&T Nation's Football Classic™
The AT&T Nation's Football Classic™ is a black college football game held annually at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C. This year, the game features Howard University against Morehouse College. Organized by Events DC, the AT&T Nation's Football Classic™ was created to celebrate the passion and tradition of the college football experience, recognize the history of service to others by the students, faculty and alumni of historically black colleges and universities, highlight the unity of African American culture, and honor the heritage and excellence of these proud institutions. Tickets for the AT&T Nation’s Football Classic™ are on sale now at the RFK Stadium Box Office (open daily 11am-6pm except Wed/Sat 9 am-4pm), Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster outlets and the Howard University Box Office at Cramton Auditorium. Seats are priced $25 to $50.